The Vietnam Energy Association (VEA) joined hands with the association of energy storage industry development (KEIDA) from the Republic of Korea (RoK) to organise an international conference on new technologies in power and renewable energy in Hanoi on March 14.
Vietnam is implementing the national strategy on developing renewable energy to 2030, with a vision to 2050, hence the importance of new technologies in this field, said Hoang Quoc Vuong, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade.
Tran Viet Ngai, Chairman of the VEA said that as the RoK is the third major economy in the Asia - Pacific with a developed energy industry, the conference will offer opportunities for businesses of two countries to seek partners and cooperation in technology transfer.
He noted that the Wongwang Electric Power of the RoK has granted five million USD for the implementation of some solar energy projects in Vietnam.
Chang Ho Choi, President of the KEIDA said that ESS technologies and renewable energy have been thriving over the years in the RoK, thanks to the support from the Government.
He expressed his hope that technology from the RoK will be applied in Vietnam, thus contributing to the development of Vietnam’s new energy industry.
At the event, enterprises from the RoK shared experience on ESS technology, different business models and case studies in the RoK and other foreign countries.
- WIPO helps Vietnam build national strategy on intellectual property (24/03/2017)
- Innovation – driving force for sustainable development (24/03/2017)
- Inspects first waste-to-energy system (20/03/2017)
- Diplomatic highlights in Jan-Feb period (17/03/2017)
- Robot Talent Contest for students announced (15/03/2017)
- Vietnam, Angola seek closer telecom cooperation (15/03/2017)
- Local universities to receive sponsors for startup ecosystem projects (11/03/2017)
- Website of Tan Son Nhat airport hacked (10/03/2017)
- Various activities held within Meet Vietnam programme (09/03/2017)
- Kovalevskaya awards honour Vietnamese female scientists (09/03/2017)