The two sides proposed amendments and supplements to the Memorandum of Understanding inked in 2012 in the fields of post and telecommunication and high-quality human resources training.
Tuan said Vietnam has built scores of important policies such as opening the telecom market, increasing its competitiveness at home and abroad, and developing internet services and diversifying telecom networks and services.
Currently, Vietnam has about 120 million mobile subscribers and nearly 36 million 3G users, he said, adding that the sector grossed 15 billion USD in service revenues in 2015.
Regarding the State management on frequency, especially in the shared border areas, Minister Tuan suggested the two countries continue to implement the signed agreements and supplement necessary collaboration contents in the coming time.
He asked the National Electronic Authentication Centre (NEAC) under the Ministry of Information and Communications to draft a cooperation agreement in the field with Cambodia, while the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology should enhance affiliation in training.
- Receives Special Advisor to the Japan-VN Friendship Parliamentary Alliance (20/03/2017)
- VN-Singapore relations advance quickly (17/03/2017)
- PM receives Kiwi outgoing Ambassador (23/11/2016)
- PM calls for increasing effectiveness of VN-Laos Bilateral Cooperation Committee (07/11/2016)
- French software firm supports Quang Ninh in Egov development (07/09/2016)
- Vietnam, France sign science-technology cooperation deal (07/09/2016)
- Plastic cloth makes for cooler clothing (04/09/2016)
- MOST Inspectorate visits New Zealand for IP Enforcement and Unti-counterfeiting (04/08/2016)
- ASEM needs to strengthen dialogues amid complicated developments (18/07/2016)
- President calls for more support from foreign scientists (11/07/2016)