VGP – PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc urged Viet Nam and Laos to innovate the operations of the Committee for Bilateral Cooperation in a more practical and effective manner while meeting with Lao Minster of Planning and Investment Xuphan Keomixay in Ha Noi on Friday.
The Government chief said the Committee should discuss thoroughly all aspects to accelerate the two-way trade value which still remains incommensurate with the two countries’ political ties and their potentials.
As a landlocked country, Laos can use any of Vietnamese seaports for its import and export activities, not just Vung Ang port, if it is convenient for Laos, PM Phuc stressed.
He also urged the two sides to create favorable conditions for timely deployment of electricity projects and for smooth electricity sales.
Lao Minister Xuphan Keomixay informed the host about the outcomes of his earlier working session with Vietnamese Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Viet Nam and Laos have signed deals on developing electricity projects in Laos and electricity sales through 2030 during the recent visit of Deputy PM Trinh Dinh Dung to Laos./.
- PM holds talks with Sri Lankan counterpart (18/04/2017)
- Receives Special Advisor to the Japan-VN Friendship Parliamentary Alliance (20/03/2017)
- VN-Singapore relations advance quickly (17/03/2017)
- PM receives Kiwi outgoing Ambassador (23/11/2016)
- Vietnam, Cambodia boost telecommunication cooperation (08/09/2016)
- French software firm supports Quang Ninh in Egov development (07/09/2016)
- Vietnam, France sign science-technology cooperation deal (07/09/2016)
- Plastic cloth makes for cooler clothing (04/09/2016)
- MOST Inspectorate visits New Zealand for IP Enforcement and Unti-counterfeiting (04/08/2016)
- ASEM needs to strengthen dialogues amid complicated developments (18/07/2016)