PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc appraised Kiwi Ambassador Haike Manning’s efforts in promoting Viet Nam-New Zealand Comprehensive Partnership relations at his reception for Kiwi Ambassador on November 22.
Photo: VGP/Quang Hieu
The PM said that Viet Nam and New Zealand have potential for cooperation in agriculture, science-technology, education-training and high-tech exploitation.
He proposed the two sides launch measures to raise the two-way trade turnover to meet their potential and advantages.
For his side, Ambassador Haike Manning expected that the two nations’ relationship will be promoted in the future, especially in such areas as education and agriculture.
A number of Kiwi enterprises are seeking cooperation opportunities in Viet Nam in areas of New Zealand’s strength such as hi-tech agriculture, said the Ambassador, adding that New Zealand has cooperated with Viet Nam in ensuring food safety.
The launch of direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City to New Zealand has created more opportunities for the two countries in the future, he stated.
New Zealand is the 31st largest trade partner of Viet Nam while the Southeast Asian nation is the 17th largest trade partner of New Zealand with an average growth rate of 20% over the recent years.
New Zealand’s total investment in Viet Nam has reached US$96 million.
- PM holds talks with Sri Lankan counterpart (18/04/2017)
- Receives Special Advisor to the Japan-VN Friendship Parliamentary Alliance (20/03/2017)
- VN-Singapore relations advance quickly (17/03/2017)
- PM calls for increasing effectiveness of VN-Laos Bilateral Cooperation Committee (07/11/2016)
- Vietnam, Cambodia boost telecommunication cooperation (08/09/2016)
- French software firm supports Quang Ninh in Egov development (07/09/2016)
- Vietnam, France sign science-technology cooperation deal (07/09/2016)
- Plastic cloth makes for cooler clothing (04/09/2016)
- MOST Inspectorate visits New Zealand for IP Enforcement and Unti-counterfeiting (04/08/2016)
- ASEM needs to strengthen dialogues amid complicated developments (18/07/2016)