The Vietnamese Government welcomes stronger cooperation between IT firms of Vietnam and Angola, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam told visiting Angolan Minister of Telecommunication and Information Technologies Jose Carvalho da Rocha.
During a meeting with the Angolan official in Hanoi on March 14, Deputy PM Dam appreciated the friendship between the two nations, which is supported by the effective cooperation in telecom, IT, information safety and human resources training.
The Vietnamese Government encourages both sides’ enterprises to proactively seek cooperation opportunities in technology transfer, he stated.
According to the Deputy PM, telecommunication and IT became a spearhead technical-economic sector of Vietnam, achieving estimated revenues of about 16 billion USD over the last two decades. Vietnam has built big telecom and IT enterprises, which are regionally competitive in capital, technology, human resources, and management experience.
He affirmed that Vietnam is willing to share experience in opening the market, improving competiveness and promoting rapid and sustainable development of its telecom and IT sector.
He called on the Angolan Government to create favourable conditions for Vietnamese enterprises, including telecom and IT firms, to invest in the African country.
The host expressed his belief that the Angolan Minister’s visit will help the two countries’ telecom and IT cooperation enter the next phase.
For his part, Jose Carvalho da Rocha assured that his country always backs Vietnamese businesses’ investment in Angola, especially in telecom, IT and training human resources.
During his stay, the guest had a working session with Minister of Information and Communications Truong Minh Tuan, and visited leading telecom and IT enterprises and production factories.
- WIPO helps Vietnam build national strategy on intellectual property (24/03/2017)
- Innovation – driving force for sustainable development (24/03/2017)
- Inspects first waste-to-energy system (20/03/2017)
- Diplomatic highlights in Jan-Feb period (17/03/2017)
- Vietnam, RoK seek cooperation in renewable energy (15/03/2017)
- Robot Talent Contest for students announced (15/03/2017)
- Local universities to receive sponsors for startup ecosystem projects (11/03/2017)
- Website of Tan Son Nhat airport hacked (10/03/2017)
- Various activities held within Meet Vietnam programme (09/03/2017)
- Kovalevskaya awards honour Vietnamese female scientists (09/03/2017)