PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc said that traditional medicine is the treasure of the nation and Viet Nam’s pharmaceutical materials are fully untapped at the Government’s national meeting on the country's pharmaceutical materials.
Photo: VGP/Quang Hieu
Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam and leaders of some ministries, agencies and localities of 63 citifies and cities nationwide attended the event.
Viet Nam has more than 5,000 medicinal plants, serving the demand of local people and exports.
The Party and State’s guidelines head to focus on traditional medicine, identifying it a national treasure, said the PM, adding that this meeting aims to create breakthroughs for this sector to help reduce poverty and improve people’s lives.
Policies, mechanisms and measures should be proposed to attract investment and encourage local people and businesses to grow quality pharmaceutical materials.
Viet Nam needs around 60,000-80,000 tons of pharmaceutical materials per year. The nation gained US$6 million from exporting 5,000 tons of pharmaceutical materials per year.
Although the nation has huge potential of materials for pharmaceutical medicine but it can only meet 25% of the demand and has to import the remaining 75% from foreign suppliers.
- HCM City, Sci-tech Ministry sign agreement on science and technology development (25/04/2017)
- HCM City studies clean energy development (21/04/2017)
- Vietnamese garden has Israeli roots (17/04/2017)
- Forum looks into fourth industrial revolution’s impacts on Vietnam (12/04/2017)
- Vietnam’s farm firms seek high-tech (11/04/2017)
- National satellite centre underpins Vietnam’s space industry (10/04/2017)
- What VN should do to catch up with 4th industrial revolution (05/04/2017)
- Gov’t braces for 4th industrial revolution (04/04/2017)
- Decision on criteria for determining high-tech, clean agricultural projects, programs (04/04/2017)
- Vietnam seeks stronger ICT links with Japan (30/03/2017)